Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Remember, Remember the Fourteenth of November

This is a day to reminisce in all of the fond memories I had with my beautiful friend, Heidi. As you all know - if you have been reading my blog - today marks the one year anniversary since the fatal car accident. I wasn't sure how to cope with this tremendous loss in my life, but as this year continued to move forward, her tragic death became much easier to understand.

I'm blessed to have the things that came my way after enduring this event. I thought, at first, that this loss would have adverse effects on me. I was wrong. She has taught me so much this year, and she isn't even physically present in my life anymore! It's quite perplexing to know a kindred spirit left you, but I know she is still there, as a guardian angel.

She was strong, which makes me strong. She was wise, which helps me believe and appreciate my intellect. She was caring and forthcoming to anyone and everyone she crossed paths with, which I find myself to appreciate the value of friendship and family on a much deeper level now. I thank her for everything she helped me realize in my life. Heidi has made me a better person.

As an Actor: I'm confident in my abilities, even though I have and will have doubts. I know you will always be there, cheering me on, being the biggest advocate you always were. I will do what I love, succeed at it, and never let anyone tell me otherwise. I know what my calling is in life, and my burning passion for it only grows larger with each passing day.

I miss our laughter. There are a plethora of times I wish I could call you right up, to tell you amazing news, or get advice from you, because you always knew just the right thing to say. I miss our crying fits we had together, when we just needed that time to vent. I miss when we would argue and get pissed off at each other, because in the end we both knew it wouldn't last long - we loved each other too much. I remember the frivolous, chatty nights we would spend talking about boys and being ridiculous. We never judged each other, maybe poked fun, but never judged.

You are my kindred spirit, Heidi, and always will be. I love you. And I love your daughters equally to pieces. My mantra for life:

Heidi's Legacy:


No comments:

Post a Comment