Friday, October 19, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I would have to say that the past few weeks have had a creative flare attached to them. I've done so much in such a minuscule amount of time, which shows because I've not posted something new in over a month. It's hard to believe a month has past since I had a minute to sit here and write my thoughts out. In fact, it's quite baffling to know that I've been 21 and back from D.C. over a month, too. Man does time fly! Anyway, I've back! And I'm looking forward to updating all of you. Here we go:

I spent the first half of October in rehearsals - lots of rehearsals. I also got to visit and spend time with a good friend, Melissa Loper. It was wonderful to see Loper and be the host for her and her girlfriends, who got married in New York. Yay! These girls were a breath of fresh air amongst my busy schedule, so I tried to cram an excessive amount of activities into a small amount of time. The Friday night they arrived, we went to the restaurant my roommate works at on Federal Hill - a world renowned street that tourist come from all over the world to see - called Sienna. It was a great place to spend the first night and enjoy authentic italian food and drinks together. The next day we went to Boston and spent the day. Anytime I have a chance to go to Boston or New York, I take it, so I was completely enthralled by the idea of making a day of it. We saw a good chunk of downtown and I took them to Legal Harborside, a seafood restaurant that I thoroughly enjoyed the first time I went, but they weren't too impressed with it. Oh well! Next time I'll try a new place. After we came back to Providence that evening, I took them to the last Waterfire of the season - boy was I lucky, because I love to show Waterfire to anyone who comes to town. They loved it! I was glad they did, it made up for a lousy dinner at Legal. However, the next morning, I redeemed myself by taking them to Julian's on Broadway. I LOVE Julian's, so I figured they would, too. I also knew the menu catered to vegan eaters and food allergies, and Loper was the first person that came to my mind when I discovered this restaurant months ago. It was a great weekend. I'm hoping I can entertain them again someday in the future.

Loper and I made the trip back to Kansas this week. I spent under 24 hours in Kansas - that was the fastest trip through my hometown I have ever taken. It was a pleasant drive, though. We got to stop, briefly, in New Haven so I could see Yale's campus. If I could attend Yale for my M.F.A. in Acting, I would. Auditioning for that school is something I am contemplating, we'll see what I decide to do once my senior year roles around at RIC.  After we left New Haven, we drove to Pennsylvania and stopped for the night, even though we almost got lost in New York with very little gas - long story! Haha. Once we woke up, we hit the road immediately, making our way to Chicago. Loper has two good friends in Chicago who are writers, and they wanted us to read two plays they're working on so we were all for the idea and a place to crash for the night. As we were driving I enjoyed the colorful and vehement scenery of Pennsylvania and Ohio. With it being autumn, the trees and hilly mountain passes we drove through made the first half of the trek bearable, which wasn't the case for Iowa and Missouri, at all. Ugh, I don't miss driving through those two states. And Loper is a force to be reckoned with when she wants to be home, especially after driving 24 hours to get there - that was a very humorous scene to watch.

These next few weeks are going to be just as busy with rehearsals for my next show and Legally Blonde going on simultaneously. Bring it on!

Ta ta for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment