Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Washington D.C.

I have a new appreciation for my country after visiting the capital this past weekend. My profile photo on Facebook is of me staring out the window at the capital building from the Library of Congress. The saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" is unbelievably true. The experience as a whole was very uplifting, but the library alone moved me to tears when I walked in . I have no words for the emotion I endured - it was such a vibrant place to be standing in. I'm a proud American.

I miss D.C. terribly. I'll be returning in January for the presidential inauguration, though. I can't wait! Peter and Tom were absolute gems, the best hosts anyone could have asked for. I had a blast! Thank you for everything you two!

On another note: Busy couple of weeks ahead. Let's go! I'll have a longer blog post soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment