Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Contentment

Today is a day to reminisce in feeling accomplished. I have a plethora of projects that I am working on, but for this moment I'm content. Things are beginning to turn around, mold themselves into something magnificent, and take shape. I'm truly looking forward to the next few months, as I embark on the journey to finish this year.

I cannot believe 2012 is dwindling to an end, and I find myself not trapped, not angry, not disappointed, but simply appeased by my tenacity. Although things have been excruciatingly hard for me in the past year, I have nothing to say in lieu of those events except that I'm grateful for them, because without pain, without suffering and heartache, without knowing who you are and not being insecure, I would not be in the place I am currently at. God knows and is apart of me. I thank him everyday of my life - or at least try to - and I have to remember that I'm on a path that's been set for me. I will enjoy this journey, or at least make the best of it. I know what my calling is, so Ben, let's take it for what it's worth!

I have to remember what this feels like, because this is how life should be lived. Each day counts. Not tomorrow, or the next day. And definitely not yesterday, or even last year. Today. That is all you have control over, so embrace it. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

SubUrbia opens in a week from Friday and it's hard to believe - it feels like just yesterday when we began rehearsals. I've had such an amazing run with these folks. I hate to see it end. I've grown closer with each person in the cast and they feel like family to me. I will miss them when it's time to say goodbye, that's the negative thing about theatre... Thank you for everything guys. It's partially because of all of you that I feel so accomplished today. I've grown so much as an actor and person, too, with you guys, and I feel you all deserve some recognition for that. So thanks - for everything. Come see SubUrbia! It's an amazing show with such an unbelievably talented cast, directed by a talented actor himself. You don't want to miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment