Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Next Step

Last night was the conclusion of SubUrbia. I cannot believe it has come to a close so quickly - very bittersweet. As that chapter closes, I find myself reminiscing in the fond memories I've created with the cast, crew and directors. They will be surely missed. I hate goodbyes, so it isn't a "Goodbye" only "See you later." On to the next project - Legally Blonde! 

I have to say that today I feel content, a feeling I try to continue having, because, to me, this is true happiness. Internal peace with what the present holds. We can control only one thing, and that's the present, so I'm here embracing every moment of it. 

Looking back on this year, I'm amazed at what I've gone through in such a short amount of time. This year has truly been a test of my faith in my ability to plow through the wreckage. From beginning the year with no hope, the idea of what I was going to possibly do about work, a place to live, and waiting for a year to pass to return to RIC seemed so insufferable. Now, seven months later - I can't believe I'm saying that - I've made it through. Personally, I've grown-up so much. Between truly finding myself - which is a continuing project in some ways - and becoming more independent, and being okay with it, which has always been a struggle for me, I've found a groove that won't be tampered with. I'm on fire, and I'm ready to tackle my return to RIC. Let's do this! Four months left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment